Thursday, March 5, 2009

Rock Bottom

Found her in a place I’d never go. A place I’d never wanna be. Used and abused her body re-plays the chaos of what once was important… to her.

Eyes so empty. A body, only bones. Tears shimmer as they are sucked into her tired skin.

She looks up at me with an expressionless expression, so lost, so broken.

Hollow.

Her long brown hair hangs in clumps hiding her bare jagged shoulders. She’s covered in a fine layer of dust. As if she was an old broken and chipped lamp that no one touched.

Only one strap holds her cotton gown. It manages to keep the fabric draped over her body. Once upon a time a beautiful dress now the remains of sad stories and played out battles. Blood, sweat, tears, and dirt.

Her knees are cut, scabs still leaking. Hands shake as she tries to steady her body against the rocks.

She sits there like a crumpled cardboard box, uncomfortable with who she is, where she is and what she has become.

Reaching out my hand, she turns away, shuts her eyes, braces her body and pretends to hide. Harm has been done. Is it too late?

Realizing her faults she examines me bottom up, from feet to head. Scanning every inch until she reaches my eyes. Looking deeply into my soul as if she might recognize me now, if only she could look harder.

This is the end of the beginning.

7 comments:

peace.love.and blue jeans. said...

You always seem to write about how I am feeling. Very eerie, very intriguing, very cool. I love it.

Carrie Amie said...

Thanks, that is kinda eerie... I am not sure how this one came to me. I just started writing and then couldn't stop, the words kept coming.

William H. Balzac said...

..."head to foot"...

This writing is just so stark & powerful. The final line, brings
a feeling of hopefulness, in the sense of re-building a life.

Excellent!
`x~William.

William H. Balzac said...

P.S.: Congratulations, on reaching the "200" mark!

:)~little wonder, peeps are followin' ya! smile*

Carrie Amie said...

Thanks! I was so excited when I saw that... who would have thunk it :) Thanks for your continued support!!

Rosie said...

I love reading your stuff! The way you write just seems to paint such beautiful, clear pictures

angiie. said...

woooooowww.

thats all i can say. your writing captured my whole attention :)