Saturday, February 28, 2009

Encapsulated musical moments

Isn’t it weird, how a song can take you back to a moment in time? A moment, which at the time seemed so insignificant, it held no importance. You could have never known the effect it would later produce each and every time the notes danced around you.

Then out of no where the melody attacks your body, the lyrics act like a time machine and whisk you away, back to that very moment, that tiny section in your life's saga.

Your emotions react to every beat, every lyric; while your body feels that moment in time. That moment you shared, that moment you lost. The feel of your clothes against your body, the look on his face, the love you felt. Smells are brought back strong and potent; emotions take a leap backwards and consume your nerves. Every part of your body. Your mood is instantly affected as your emotions overwhelm your senses with past desires, wants and worries. You are encapsulated in that moment. Your present emotional being becomes insignificant as you peer through a lens, watching your past replay.

I once thought that moment was nothing, and yet I am reminded of it every time that song plays. I have moved passed, forgetting, and wiping the slate clear. But as the song plays I pause and take it all in. I smile as the notes touch my heart, I do not remember it in pain. I remember that moment in time we shared, when you were mine and I was yours.

As it ends, my body is released from a bubble of my past. I am left with an emotion so sweet that ended a long time ago. It reminds me that its possible and when it’s my turn it will be back again.

Do not remember those moments in pain. They happened to prepare us for something. Something we could never understand at that moment. Don’t run away from the lyrical memories; take it in and breathe. All these moments are important. But don’t linger too long, your future is much too important. Learn to live in the now.

No comments: